Apple releases BootCamp 1.1
Apple's new 1.1 beta version of its dual-boot Bootcamp software provides support for iSight cameras under Windows as well as other juicy features for owners of new Intel-based Macs.
Apple has released an updated version of its BootCamp beta with improved support for Intel-based Macs and presets for easier disk partitioning.
Apple lists the following improvements and changes on its BootCamp site:
- Support for the latest Intel-based Macintosh computers
- Easier partitioning using presets for popular sizes
- Ability to install Windows XP on any internal disk
- iSight camera support in Windows
- Support for built-in microphones
- Right-click when pressing the right-hand Apple key on Apple keyboards
- Improved Apple keyboard support including Delete, PrintScreen, NumLock, and ScrollLock keys
Apple recommends that everyone who has installed the first version of the beta now update their installation.
Although a complete reinstallation is not required unless you want to adjust the size of your partition, Apple says that "it's very important to update the Boot Camp Assistant software, create a new Macintosh Drivers for Windows CD and install the updated software it contains on Windows XP."