Over the last few years there has been no shortage of exploding batteries in our gadgets and computers. A few years ago there were massive battery recalls after batteries used in several major computer manufactures laptops were exploding and causing fires.
For the most part the phenomenon of the exploding battery has been limited to Windows computers. However the MacBook isn’t without its own battery woes. Engadget is reporting that a non-unibody 17-inch MacBook Pro has its battery catastrophe.
The user was reportedly using the notebook on a desktop when a weird noise quickly grew louder just before the notebook “jumped up” slightly and then turned off. Closer inspection revealed that the battery had apparently overheated and exploded. I shudder to think of what the bloke’s gonads would have gone through had the MacBook actually been in his lap.