SSD drives aren’t just for PCs, as our step-by-step photo tutorial demonstrates. Here’s how to add an SSD drive to a laptop.
1. Unscrew the rear case cover.
2. Remove the battery and rear case cover.
3. Unscrew the drive chassis.
4. Pry the drive upwards out of the laptop case.
5. Pull the drive towards the centre, out of the case.
6. The drive is now out of the laptop.
7. Unscrew the drive from the mounting cage.
8. The cage is now removed from the drive.
9. Remove the SATA adaptor from the drive.
10. Install the new drive into the mounting cage.
11. Add the SATA adaptor to the new drive.
12. Slide the drive back in the drive bay.
13. Push down into place, locking the SATA mechanism in place.
14. Screw the drive back in.
15. The drive is now in the laptop.
16. Slide the rear cover into place.
17. Screw the rear case cover back on.